This quick & easy recipe for white cake is a crowd pleaser! It starts with a white cake mix with some added ingredients to create a moist and delicious wedding white cake (or for any occasion really!).
Sour Cream Almond White Cake
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 C. Flour
- 1 C. Sugar
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- 1 1/3 C. Water
- 4 Egg whites
- 2 tbsp. Canola Oil
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ½ tsp. Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Prepare three 8" round cake pans with parchment paper lining the bottom and lightly spray the sides with cooking spray.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix for 15-20 seconds on low.1 C. Flour, 1 C. Sugar, ¾ tsp. Salt
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix on low for 30 seconds.1 1/3 C. Water, 4 Egg whites, 2 tbsp. Canola Oil, 8 oz. Sour Cream, 1 tsp. Vanilla, ½ tsp. Almond Extract
- Turn mixer speed to medium-high and mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the three prepared 8" round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 28-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cooling racks for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Once cakes are completely cooled, use a sharp serrated knife to level the tops and sprinkle lightly with simple syrup.
- Wrap cakes tightly with clear food service film and chill for at least 30 minutes - 1 hour before frosting.
This recipe is my most popular for weddings, bridal & baby showers and any occasion where your guests want a classic white cake. Pairs well with raspberry filling or lemon curd!