–Pin it For Later
If you’re looking for a great alternative to real cream cheese frosting (maybe you need a shelf-stable version for your Cottage Foods bakery), this recipe has been my go-to! I found it originally on the LorAnn oils website, and have tweaked the recipe and have been using my version for years. You can use either a cream cheese flavored oil, like LorAnn, or even a cream cheese flavored emulsion with some added vanilla.
Cream Cheese Flavored Icing - Shelf Stable
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 3 ½ cups Confectioner's Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- 1 - 3 tbsp Heavy Cream
- ¼ tsp LorAnn Cream Cheese Icing Flavor Or, you may use ¾ tsp. of cream cheese emulsion flavor + ¼ tsp. of vanilla flavoring or extract
- 1 dash salt Optional
- Using an electric or stand mixer with whisk attachment, cream together the butter and powdered sugar on low speed until combined.
- Once combined, increase speed to medium and mix for 3-4 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Add flavoring(s) and salt, and beat for an additional 1 minute.
Have you tried this recipe? Share your tips!
For more information on starting or growing your own baking business: Join Cake Biz Bootcamp!