This vanilla cake recipe is no fail, quick and easy, inexpensive, perfect for a cake business, which tastes amazing and customers love.
Many Cakers (cake makers) are always on the lookout flexible go to’ recipe when a cake needs to be thrown together. This Recipe for you today is the stand out winner.
The recipe was found in an old Women’s Weekly Cookbook (so you know it’s going to be good!)
An added bonus is this cake is perfect for covering in fondant, using for a stacked cake or wedding cakes!
Remember to use awesome ingredients, such as unsalted butter and real vanilla extract for added flavor.
–Pin It For Later!!
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||35 Minutes|
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 1/4 cups Self-rising Flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Soften butter to room temperature, add sugar and beat for 3 minutes
- Add eggs, vanilla and salt, mixing on slow speed until incorporated
- Put flour and milk on top, mix on slow speed until incorporated, scrape down sides of bowl and mix on medium for 30 seconds
- Cupcakes – Spoon mixture into 24 cupcake papers; bake for 35 min or skewer comes out clean. Cool and refrigerate
- Cake – Line a 8 inch round cake tin, pour in batter, bake for approx 1 hour or until cooked through. Cool and refrigerate
1 cup Self-Rising Flour Substitute
- 1 cup (4.25 oz, 119 gr) all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp (0.3 oz, 7.5 gr) baking powder.
- 1/4 tsp (0.05 oz, 1 gr) salt