Pink Champagne Cake is one of my most requested cake flavors for wedding consultations! This recipe was created by adding a few drops of light pink food coloring and substituting sparkling white wine for the liquid in my white cake recipe.
For more information on starting or growing your own baking business: Join Cake Biz Bootcamp!
Pink Champagne Cake
A light moist cake made with real champagne or sparkling white wine. Nice for bridal showers or weddings. Pairs well with fresh strawberries & whipped cream.
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 C. Flour All Purpose
- 1 C. Granulated Sugar
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- 1⅓ C. Champagne or Sparkling White Wine
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 T. Canola Oil
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3-5 drops Pink liquid food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Prepare three 8" round cake pans with parchment paper lining the bottom and lightly spray the sides with cooking spray.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix for 15-20 seconds on low.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix on low for 30 seconds.
- Turn mixer speed to medium-high and mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the three prepared 8" round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 28-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cooling racks for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Once cakes are completely cooled, use a sharp serrated knife to level the tops and sprinkle lightly with simple syrup.
- Wrap cakes tightly with clear food service film and chill for at least 30 minutes - 1 hour before frosting.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!