Pink Champagne Cake is one of my most requested cake flavors for wedding consultations! This recipe was created by adding a few drops of light pink food coloring and substituting sparkling white wine for the liquid in my white cake recipe.
Pink Champagne Cake
A light moist cake made with real champagne or sparkling white wine. Nice for bridal showers or weddings. Pairs well with fresh strawberries & whipped cream.
- 1 Box White Cake Mix
- 1 C. Flour All Purpose
- 1 C. Granulated Sugar
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- 1⅓ C. Champagne or Sparkling White Wine
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 T. Canola Oil
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3-5 drops Pink liquid food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Prepare three 8" round cake pans with parchment paper lining the bottom and lightly spray the sides with cooking spray.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix for 15-20 seconds on low.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix on low for 30 seconds.
- Turn mixer speed to medium-high and mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the three prepared 8" round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 28-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cooling racks for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Once cakes are completely cooled, use a sharp serrated knife to level the tops and sprinkle lightly with simple syrup.
- Wrap cakes tightly with clear food service film and chill for at least 30 minutes - 1 hour before frosting.