–Pin it For Later
Edible Fake “Blood” Recipe
*This post may contain affiliate links for products or services I recommend.
Get ready to take your cake decorating skills to the next level with this super-exciting edible fake blood recipe! 🩸🍰 From bloody Halloween masterpieces to spooky vampire-themed treats, your creations will send chills down everyone’s spine. Stay tuned to find out the secret behind this gory deliciousness! 💀💉 #CakeDecorating #EdibleFakeBlood #SpookyTreats
This recipe uses light corn syrup, which comes in handy for many recipes! My favorite brand is Karo. Here’s a link to snag your own supply, including a handy measuring spoon: Karo Brand Light Corn Syrup with Spoon
You may also want to grab a larger container of red gel food coloring, since this recipe needs a generous amount to achieve the best “bloody” color! Here’s a link to my favorite brand: AmeriColor Red Gel Food Coloring
Edible Fake Blood
- 2 tbsp Water cold
- 2 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- ½ tbsp Red Food Coloring gel
- 1 drop Blue Blue Food Coloring liquid
- In a small bowl, stir the cold water and corn starch together until fully incorporated.
- Place corn starch mixture and light corn syrup into a small saucepan and heat on low until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add the food coloring to the cooling mixture until you have the desired color of fake blood and it's ready to drizzle onto all of your creepy cakes & treats!
- Keep in a sealed jar for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator. If "blood" is too thick, simply thin it with a bit of water or cherry juice.
Happy baking and decorating!
For more information on starting or growing your own baking business: Join Cake Biz Bootcamp!