–Pin it For Later
Looking for an easy and delicious way to finish off your sugar cookies, but don’t want to mess with royal icing? This super quick glaze or glace’ icing is your friend!
You can brush it over cookies with a pastry brush, dip the cookies into the bowl, or pour it right over the cookies or petit fours.
Related Recipe: Best Ever Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- 1 Mixer Stand or hand
- 1 Wire rack
- 1 Pastry Brush optional
- 1 lb. Powdered Sugar
- ⅜ cup Whole Milk
- ⅜ cup Light Corn Syrup
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract or flavoring of your choice
- Add the powdered sugar and whole milk to your mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for about 5 minutes, or until mixture is completely smooth and begins to appear shiny. (The mixture will resemble soft royal icing).
- Add in vanilla (or the flavor of your choice), plus the corn syrup and mix for 2-3 more minutes until completely incorporated.
- Use immediately. For cookies, this icing can be applied with a pastry brush, or you can dip the cookie into the glace' and shake off the excess. Place cookies on wire rack with parchment paper underneath to catch the drips. Allow to dry for at least 12 hours or until dry to the touch.
- For petit fours, place the bites on a wire rack with parchment underneath and pour the glace over them. Allow to dry for at least 12 hours or until dry to the touch.
Have you tried this recipe? Share your tips!
For more information on starting or growing your own baking business: Join Cake Biz Bootcamp!