I love a decadent dark chocolate cake! This recipe starts with a Devil’s Food Cake Mix & a Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix, but the secret ingredients are black cocoa powder and espresso powder! The result is a super dark rich chocolate cake.
Dark Chocolate Brownie Cake
A delicious dark chocolate cake that is so rich and moist you won't be able to stop eating it! Best when paired with Espresso Ganache. Also delicious with salted caramel sauce, raspberry drizzle or cookies & cream mousse!
- 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
- .5 box Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 tbsp Black Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Espresso Powder (or instant coffee)
- 1¼ C. Hot Water
- 4 Eggs
- 1 C. Canola Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare two 8" round cake pans with parchment paper lining the bottom and lightly spray the sides with cooking spray.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer and mix for 15-20 seconds on low.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix on low for 30 seconds.
- Turn mixer speed to medium-high and mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the two prepared 8" round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 28-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cooling racks for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Once cakes are completely cooled, use a sharp serrated knife to level the tops and sprinkle lightly with simple syrup.
- Wrap cakes tightly with clear food service film and chill for at least 30 minutes - 1 hour before frosting.
This recipe pairs well with a fluffy whipped ganache and raspberry drizzle!