Start + Grow your Cake Business
If it has to do with cakes or making money, I can help.
You’re here because –
a) you have no idea of how to get a cake biz started or what to do?
b) you feel frustrated looking for work and want to make money at home?
c) for ages you have been dreaming about ‘’one day my cake business will happen?’’
d) you’ve been wondering “is a cake business the right business for me?”
e) you want to know “what is a Cake Business Specialist?” and just checking this Rebekah chick out, in all honesty.
*Woot! Woot!* All the above are correct. Read on!
Hi, I’m Rebekah, and it is my goal to help you start + grow your own cake business, so that it is profitable and fun. It is the kind of ‘job’ you have always dreamed of, but didn’t know how.
( … Here’s who I really am)
I’m a country girl from Proserpine, North Queensland, now living in Brisbane. I am an introvert who loves to dress up and has a knack for (and have qualifications for) cakes and sweets. I spent 10 years in a bakery before starting Angel Foods (cake biz) in 2010.
I love cuddling my man, eating truck loads of vegetables, and learning and growing as a person. I love drinking tea (ummm, with cupcakes), David Attenborough, hand written notes, going to bed early. A good day is pyjama day, with scones and a movie.
Everything happens for a reason. If it doesn’t work, change it. Words I live my life by.
Who is Rebekah? My (slightly) Unusual Story…
There was no such thing as an overnight success. Numbers don’t mean anything, when actions can speak louder than words.
- At 13 yo I started work at our small town bakery. I worked there 10 years.
- Worked in a male dominated industry, on night shifts, completing an Apprenticeship as a Baker and Pastry Cook.
- Kinda proud of the fact I finished the Qualification in 2.5 years.
- Coming back to my love of food and cakes. With no money, no job and no home, I started a cake business.
- 9 months later, I had franchised my business model and had 1st franchisee. Yep, super doper crazy.
- Got to really know my strengths – an awesome cake biz coach and teacher. I found my naturally rocking cake teaching skills in both decorating and business shiz
- Cake Businesses is fire in my belly and happiness to my soul
- And, the ‘Cake Business Specialist’ is I specialize and help with Cake + Business.
Think of me like a mentor or life coach (or my personal fav, a PT, Personal Trainer for your cake business!)
Here’s how I know what I am talking about.
Since 2011, Angel Foods has signed 12 Franchisees (in 2 years), on YouTube Angel Foods TV Chanel has 4500+ Subscribers and 500 000 + views (um, that’s in 1 year), over 3 000 on the email list, 6 000 Facebook fans, made $40K in cake business (a year) and helped hundreds of raving cake fans start their own cake businesses.
Well, wholly crap on a stick. That’s a whole lot of good cake juice.
Sign up here for our Free Stuff, so you can see for yourself.
My Business Secrets:
It is all about starting. Jumping in, with free information and services, and getting your Cake Biz party started.
- Decide on a business name. Don’t over think this, hon. Keep it simple and it can be changed later. Register the business name.
- Get an ABN. For a legal business in Australia and NZ, this is essential. It only taken 40 minutes online and is free.
- Weebly, baby! I love this free website service. Super easy to use, no techy knowledge required and you can have a website within an hour.
- Create a business email address at Gmail. Eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Order (virtually) free business cards from Vistaprint.
- Practice. Practice. Practice. Aim to get consistent and good looking cakes. Remember it doesn’t need to be perfect. Good is good enough.
- Get a Food License from your local council.
- Set up a Facebook business page. This is da bomb for getting orders and creating interest. Remember to share on your personal facebook page and in groups.
- Book a market stall. This is a brilliant way to make money and get cake orders.
- Approach Café’s and Restaurants to get wholesale orders.
- Tell you friends and family you are taking cake orders. They will be your biggest supporters.
- Get cake orders. Advertise for free on Gumtree and TrueLocal, attend events (fairs, festivals, charity events, shop openings), print off vouchers and hand out, deliver free samples, share with email contacts, sharing on your Facebook business page and Facebook groups, letterbox drop, advertise in school newsletters and day care centre newsletters.
Free Video Training
Learn how to turn your dream business into reality with profit, success & working less!3 part mini vid’s – with 20 free markeing + advertising tips and Top 7 mistakes to avoid!